I am really delighted and excited to share with you that I am planning a whole host of literary trips and visits for my tutees this year! Read on for all the details, and please do get in touch if you have any questions.
Parents are welcome to all events and must accompany tutees in Years 7-11. Please note that where there is an entrance fee, you will need to make the necessary arrangements yourself. You will also need to provide a packed lunch where appropriate.
You are welcome to bring friends and family; please let me know in advance how many of you there will be.
Other than entrance fees and theatre tickets, I am running all of these events and trips for free – I hope that lots of you will get involved and I look forward to seeing you!
Saturday October 10th, 10am
- Visit to York Art Gallery – get creative and write poetry using paintings and scuptures as inspiration.
Wednesday November 18th, 7.30pm
- Visit to the Grand Opera House for a performance of ‘The Importance of Being Earnest’ – 5 tickets available – please contact me asap to confirm your place! I have prepaid so the cost will be £12.50 each, to be paid to me in advance please.
Saturday December 5th, 10am
- Visit to the Museum Gardens – discover the remains of the Roman Fortress and learn what the Romans have to teach us about rhetoric.
Saturday January 16th, 10am
- Visit to York Minster – explore some of Shakespeare’s most famous Kings through text and history.
Saturday February 13th, 10am
- Visit to the National Railway Museum – indulge yourself in your favourite children’s literature and turn your hand to writing some of your own.
Saturday March 12th, 10am
- Visit to Fountains Abbey – walk in the shadows of the monks and discover some of the oldest religious texts in existence.
Saturday April 9th, 11am
- Visit to Castle Howard – explore the house in the context of Brideshead Revisited and read extracts over a civilsed picnic!
Saturday May 14th, 11am
- Visit to York Art Gallery – a more advanced poetry class that will use the art work to inspire you while you learn how to write using complex forms.
Saturday June 11th, 10am
- Visit to Rowntree Park for a morning of drama culminating in a short performance. Open to amateurs and professionals alike!
Saturday July 9th
- Visit to the Minster Gardens for an end of year celebration in the form of a miniature lit-fest. Bring an extract of your favourite piece of literature to read. There will be cake…